Fish4jobs tips for sales professionals:
- Know Your Client – Listen to your client. Let them do the talking to gain a better understanding of their needs. You’ll discover useful information for your sales pitch by doing this.
- Open Questions – Ask questions that minimise the scope for “yes/no” answers to find out the most about your customers needs. (E.g…How, Why, What …..)
- Sell the Benefits not the Features – Closing a sale is not just about offering a fair price for your product or explaining how a product or service will function. Price and suitability of the product will always have a bearing on the final decision but customers will expect to know how they can benefit from using your product. Customers may even be prepared to dig deeper if you can offer them significant benefits compared with your competitors. Analyse the benefits of your product from the customer’s point of view and be ready to demonstrate how these benefits match their needs. Eg: Do they want to save time or working hours? Will your product affect their bottom line in the long term?
- Closing a Sale – Get your customer to commit to buy your product or service. You have to learn to know when and how to ask the customer if they want to proceed to purchase; being pushy is not a good strategy and may put them off buying your product or service altogether. .At the end of your conversation, ask the customer if they have any questions, which will give you the opportunity to pick up on any buying signals (maybe they want to know when you can deliver, for instance).
- After Sales Care – If you want your customers to return and turn them into loyal customers, you must provide good after sales care. It costs more to acquire a new customer than to retain an old one so you want to build this trust right at the beginning. If they have any queries, respond to them swiftly and effectively, and you may soon find yourself with another sale.